Tuesday 6 September 2011

I AM...





Do you know who this man is? 



This is Satoshi Kanazawa, University Lecturer of Psychology at London School of Economics, who was slammed by critics for his controversial and racially charged article published on his Psychology Today blog spouting ideals that "black women are less attractive than other women". Outraged, and offended, that an academic is free to voice such ideals, in what is now a 'multi-cultural society'; but whose ignorance is justified in the name of 'science'. It seems we live in a society where, if there is a scientific explanation, then it is true.

I AM PROUD, I AM BLACK, I AM A WOMAN; I AM A PROUD BLACK WOMAN. "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". If you don't believe me, take a look and you will see exactly what I mean.


Dorothea Towles



Alek Wek



Tyra Banks 

Naomi Campbell 





Lauryn Hill 




Jill Scott





Mary J Blige 





Angela Bassett 





Gabrielle Union




Queen Latifah 

Maya Angelou


To name but a few...


5 comments:

  1. Every - (KICK -ASS –STRONG- BEAUTIFUL- BLACK- WOMEN) should add her picture.... don’t accept lies.... he’s an idiot for goodness sake! ;o)) I repeat my ‘wishbone’ statement:

    'We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality.' - Albert Einstein [...Cause some clever people are stupid'] my paraphrase.

    Satoshi Kanazawa has proved Albert Einstein and myself (a K.A.S.B.B.W ) right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are absolutely right! That is a very good idea. Brain is racing away with ideas now. In the words of fashion giant Diane Von Furstenberg, following an interview with Vogue magazine after the show about her inspiration for her 2012 spring/summer collection at NYFW, "Africa, and the beginning of the world-because Africa is where is all began."

    Thank you for your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW What a creep! Education doen't always mean you can't be ignorant :-( I'm Dominican but often get mistaken for African American and though I love my ethnicity I don't get offended by the mistake because we all came from there one way or another. Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder.

    De,

    Fashion Nostalgia

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't agree with him at all! What a terrible person!

    http://thelacquerfactor.blogspot.com/

    http://www.facebook.com/TheLacquerFactor

    ReplyDelete